Masdar City Freezone
Masdar City Freezone is established in 2006, by the Mubadala Investment Company, wholly owned by the Abu Dhabi Government.
Masdar City is an emerging global hub for companies focusing on clean technologies and renewable energy. It is aimed at providing the infrastructure facilities to develop commercially viable renewable energy projects in the MENA and International markets.
Masdar City Freezone Business Setup Process
Masdar City is an Economic Freezone that offers a hassle-free company set up with a host of benefits for the investors. The Masdar Freezone offers a one-stop solution including company registration, licensing, support services, leasing & development options for its investors.
Company Setup Options in the Masdar City Freezone
Masdar City offers quick and cost-efficient company registrations for clean energy startups, global players working on renewable energy, environment-friendly products, etc.
The companies registered in Masdar City is governed by the Masdar City Companies Registration Regulations. The businesses are registered in the Masdar Freezone under 3 legal entity types:
- Freezone Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- Branch of a Foreign/ Offshore Company
- Branch of a UAE-based Company
Masdar City Freezone acts as a test-bed for companies focused on renewable energy research and development of products and services that helps in conserving energy and reducing the global Carbon footprints. The Masdar City is made up of four interconnected business units, including research-driven Masdar Institute University to promote research, development, and innovation in the region.
- Masdar Power - Handles the energy projects in Masdar City and other projects in the UK and Seychelles
- Masdar Institute of Science and Technologies - Non-Profit making education institution that focuses on alternative energy sources and clean energy.
- Masdar Carbon - Focused on clean development mechanism projects and carbon capture and store
- Masdar Venture Capital - An investment that supports creating clean energy and environment services
Business Benefits for the Investors
The business-friendly features of Masdar City are complemented by the State-of-the-art technology infrastructure, world-class business facilities, research & development centers, and liberal investment regulations.
Following are the business benefits from the Masdar City Freezone.
- Quick Business Registration Process
- 100% Foreign Ownership
- 100% Tax-Free
- Profit Repatriation
- 0% Import Tariffs
- Good Transport Links
- Cost Effective Licensing Options
- Knowledge and Talent Pool
- Research & Development hub
- A one-stop shop for all business support services
Facilities and Business Support Services in the Masdar City Freezone
Office spaces that cater to all sizes of businesses from Startups, to SMEs and Global Companies. Masdar City includes co-working spaces, Flexi-desk offices, executive offices, and Shell & Core type.
Companies can choose between buying or leasing land to develop projects that will support the overall growth of the Freezone with energy efficiency and sustainability at the core.
Build to suit
Large organizations can join with the Masdar City to build commercial, retail, residential, recreational, educational, healthcare spaces.
- Setup headquarters or regional representative and marketing offices in a global investment hub
- Showcase new technologies in renewable energy and sustainable technology
- Use the facilities to experiment and test new ideas and innovations
- Conducts research in collaboration with the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology
- Setup research, development facilities for experiments and testing.
- Be part of the Green Initiative and build a sustainable business model with sustainability as its core
Business Categories at the Masdar City Freezone
- Renewable Energy
- Clean Tech and ICT
- Marketing and events
- Human Resources
- Energy Industry
- Healthcare Services
- Service Providers
- Property Development Services
- Regional HQ, Trading and Holding Companies
- Business Centres and Data Centres
- Oil and Gas Services
- Retail, Food, and Beverage
Business Support Services
- Visa services, including medical checks
- Dependents Sponsorships
- Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce membership
- Emirates ID card Processing
- Customs Administration
- Document Authentication
- PO Box Setup
- Facilities and Property Management
- Meeting Room and Conference Facilities
Process of Business Setup in the Masdar City Freezone
- Filling up the Name Registration Form and initiate the Payment
- License Form to be filled and submitted with required documents
- Receiving the Acceptance Letter
- Opening a Bank Account
- Acquiring the License and Signing the Lease
Aurion Business Consultants will help you in a hassle-free business setup in the Masdar Freezone. Our expert business consultants will handhold you throughout the company registration process in the Masdar city.
Contact Us Now